Tuesday, June 4, 2013

CORY STRAND 'FOR WINONA" CDr (AOW 91)

Solo guitar destructionism in honor of the beautiful Winona Ryder.  I composed this piece almost 10 years ago, recorded it direct to tape via a shitty open air boombox and then lost it to the scourge of time.  In revisiting the work I've attempted to conform it a bit to the sounds I'm currently best known for, a mixture of the abrasive and the sublime processed into grey washouts of burbling drift and drone.  There's a subtle beauty and melodicism buried amidst the vomits of distortion and volume, glints in the dust of what once was and an ache for those touches we can never have.  An experimental recording for me in every sense, a weird link between my various projects and an interesting statement in my body of work as a whole.  Time can only try to sever memory.
Packaged in a DVD case in a limited edition of 5 hand-numbered copies.  $10 ppd. in the United States, $22 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment