Saturday, January 28, 2017

SHADOWPIERCER "I HEAR VOICES, I FEEL FINGERS, I SEE SHADOWS" CDR (AOW 454)

So very pleased to be releasing a new Shadowpiercer full-length on AOW, after the stunning 2016 set "Martyrs."  "I Hear Voices, I Feel Fingers, I See Shadows" is an equally massive assault of textures, tones, and dead and buried melodies (or lingering memories of melodies, destroyed and decayed, rising into consciousness like ghosts), masterfully arranged by Dakota for both extremely unsettling and beautifully hypnotic effects.  As always with Shadowpiercer, the walls here are thick and crumbling, dark and dense to the point of distortion implosion, utterly catastrophic and desperate, crackling and falling apart.  Layers and layers of sound; symphonic distortions.  When i first heard this record, I knew I wanted to release it on AOW.  Dakota continues to be one of the most creative and distinctive voices in HNW right now.  I hope 2017 will see several more of his releases on AOW!
The record can be streamed in its entirety here:

https://shakhburz.bandcamp.com/album/i-hear-voices-i-feel-fingers-i-see-shadows

Packaged in a DVD case with beautiful artwork and layout by Dakota.  Released in a limited edition of 10 hand-numbered copies.  $10 ppd. in the United States, $26 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment