Friday, December 9, 2016

BIG HOLE "GRIEF" 9CDr SET (AOW 440)

I am truly honored to be releasing this massive suite of compositions from Big Hole.  I am not going to say much about this recording's genesis, as I do not feel it is really my place to say anything about it.  It is a deeply personal work from the project; it is a document of personal process and an attempt at understanding something that defies understanding.
The nine pieces that make up "Grief" are some of the most searching, despondent, and emotional walls i've ever heard.  This is a work of minimalism and grey textures, abyssal feelings and a true sense of being hollowed out.  It is massive in the truest sense of the word.  Listening to this record is an experience, a deeply affecting and transformative one.
Many thanks to Christopher for trusting me with this release.  It is certain to be in my top releases for 2016, and i hope those that hear it will come to feel its intensity the way i have.
Packaged as nine separate albums, each with their own artwork.  The packaging is minimal and features photographs taken by me in Duluth, MN, at the end of November 2016.  Released in a limited edition of 15 hand-numbered copies.  $60 ppd. in the United States, $76 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment