Tuesday, October 15, 2013

UPCOMING RELEASES AND SOME WORDS ON THE FUTURE

There will be five new releases available come Halloween eve:

NORTHUMBRIA "ALL DAYS BEGIN AS NIGHT" CDr
RITUAL STANCE/CROWN OF BONE/EARTHENWOMB "SPLIT" CDr
PHANTASM NOCTURNES "DARK DIMENSIONS" CDr
VENOWL and AUDITOR "ACID REVEALING OPEN WOUNDS" 2CDr
CORY STRAND "HALLOWEEN II: DEEP DRONE VERSION" 4CDr

I will also have a new release on Occult Supremacy come Halloween (fittingly enough, it's "Halloween IV: A Reinterpretation").  After that, I will be heading into production on some of the trickier, more elaborate and construction heavy box sets:

NIGHTMARE CASTLE "THE UNHOLY THREE: TRIBUTE TO NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL" 3CDr BOX SET
DHAMPYR "THREE EPs" 3CDr BOX SET
ERDSTALL 2CDr BOX SET
CORY STRAND "HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX: A REINTERPRETATION" 10CDr BOX SET
CORY STRAND "PARIS, DO YOU SPEAK FRENCH?" 4CDr + DVDr BOX SET

I can't give an honest time frame for these because I just don't know how long they'll take and how much they'll cost-but rest assured they are in the works and coming.  For whatever reason I've been gravitating toward these larger "statement" releases lately.  I don't think it's something I can maintain for long, though-these are big projects and they take me (and my girlfriend, who helps with all the box construction and manufacturing) quite awhile to complete.
Afterwards I will be focusing on all the upcoming releases I have committed to, in an attempt to clear the deck.  For now, I will not be accepting any more projects for release on Altar Of Waste beyond what I have already committed to (if you are an artist and we have already talked about doing something, then don't worry-it will get done) simply because it's becoming too much to keep track of.  I'm going through my files and hard drives and finding records I had agreed to release that i totally forgot about, which is not a great position to be in.  I try to keep thorough records of all of the label's interactions so i know what I need to be working on at any given time, but it is simply becoming overwhelming.  I need to step back and focus on what i already have planned before I take on anything new.
The label is not in jeopardy, nor will it close-I just need to play catch up for awhile.  It may take several months, so please bear with me.  As always, i thank everyone for their continued support, and hope you will enjoy the Halloween releases.

-Cory Strand

No comments:

Post a Comment