Friday, November 11, 2016

CORY STRAND "EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FUDGE: A REINTERPRETATION" 6CDR (AOW 429)

Deep ambient rework of one of my very favorite records of all time, Mudhoney's "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge."  I listened to this record constantly in my teens and still spin it regularly to this day; in the 23 years or so since i first heard it, it has lost none of its emotional rawness or power.  All of Mudhoney's songs were about depression, heartbreak, and suicidal feelings, and they never crafted a more focused synthesis of those three subjects than on this record.  It's fucking devastating.
My rework is nearly 8 hours of hollow and chilling ambient and drone, attempting to augment the record's intense despondency and sadness.  I think I've done pretty well with it.
Packaged in a DVD case in a limited edition of 5 hand-numbered copies.  $35 ppd. in the United States, $51 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment