Friday, July 17, 2015

CORY STRAND "IT FOLLOWS: A REINTERPRETATION" 12CDR + DVD-R SET (AOW 310)

My rework to Disasterpiece's amazing, Carpenter-esque score for David Robert Mitchell's equally Carpenter-esque film It FollowsIt Follows features some of the best cinematography i've seen in a horror film (maybe any film) in years; Mitchell's debt to Carpenter's Halloween is distinctly felt throughout the film's numerous anamorphic wide shots and daylight settings.  It's an astonishing film, certainly one of the finest of the contemporary horror movement.
In working with Disasterpiece's mesmerizing, tense, and brooding score, I've applied the same sorts of sensibilities that I bring to my Carpenter reworks: maintain the dread and get DEEP into the suffocating tones.  The result is a dense, dark set of ambient and HNW structures that demand total immersion.
This set consists of the nine discs of the score reworked in ambient mode, three discs of the score done in psychedelicized HNW modes, and an HNW "Totality" recording of the film's audio track.  Packaged in 13 DVD cases, each with their own unique artwork utilizing my favorite images from the film (I did my own screen grabs for this one!)
Released in a limited edition of 5 hand-numbered copies.  $100 ppd. in the United States, $113 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment