Friday, September 5, 2014

CORY STRAND "HALLOWEEN II: A REINTERPRETATION" 2CDr (OCCULT SUPREMACY)

At last, my long-awaited and long-talked about rework of "Halloween II."  I think i first started planning this one after my rework of Carpenter's "Halloween" almost a year and a half ago; i'm sure i mentioned its continuing gestation when i released last year's "Halloween II: Deep Drone Version" as well.
Simply put, these are some of my densest, thickest, sludgiest, most devastating walls.  I wanted to create a record that was completely violent and punishing to reflect the film's emphasis on gore and upping the body count.  As always, if you listen deeply, you can hear ghostly sorts of melodies and tonal shifts moving throughout.  I find this album to be brutal, yes, but also incredibly entrancing and hypnotic, at points reaching a sublime sort of beauty.  A high point in my canon.
$12 ppd. in the United States, $25 rest of world.

ORDER HERE: www.altarofwasterecords.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment